Monday, March 31, 2014

Prayer Box

This idea has come back to me.  If you haven’t read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers yet, it is truly a must read.  Any ways, in the book, I am not giving away anything  hereJ, there is a women who has a prayer box.  She writes down her prayers puts them in a box and then from time to time she goes back to the box to see the prayers that have been answered or the ones that she is patiently waiting on.  I think as someone who believes in God and the power of prayer this would be such a beautiful thing to do and something I am about to start.

So as I was laying in the bath today, I realized God has answered a lot of my prayers.   The prayer that he has answered most recent was to make the weaning process bearable for me.  Now let me back up and tell you my son didn’t take the bottle those first 4 months.  He wanted nothing to do with it.  So there would be days that I would try and for 10 hours he wouldn’t eat.  I felt very discouraged and began to think about when it would be time to wean, how difficult this would be for me as I stay home with him during the day and I would have to be the one to deny him my own milk.  Those days that I would try and things would fail, I would pray to God to give me what I could handle as he grew and would wean.  I remember rocking Henrik, trying to give him the bottle, and him screaming his head off.  I would try to soothe him with singing. I would pray and prayer and ask God to give me what I could handle.   Well he is 8.5 months; I decided and was ready to wean him.  He has taken the bottle with no fuss.  He gets excited to eat and it is truly a blessing to be able to feed him this way.  So as I sit here I just can’t help but think of that prayer, and in God’s own timing he made it all bearable.  I feel so thankful and blessed.   As for any women out there experiencing trouble with breast feeding, the bottle, or your new bundle of joy, remember God is always there to listen. Here is my new pray box, for those prayers worth writing down:)


1 comment: