Friday, June 27, 2014

Our Son is One

On this day that I write about Henrik, our son, is turning one years old.  I am reminded of something my husband said to me in the first few days he was born.  I was very focused on the small things,  "Doug you need to hold him to stimulate him to create a bond,  Doug you need to talk to him so he knows your voice, and Doug why don’t you know what I am thinking, don’t you know you can change his diaper."  A few days of this and Doug hugged me and gentle said, “Liz it isn’t about the small picture.  It is the big picture here.  As long as he feels loved by us and he sees the love we have for each other that is what counts.”  So simple and true.  So over the last 347 days when I  have gotten overwhelmed at the to do’s or the go- go-go of  life, I have made sure to make our son feel loved and to see that Doug and I, the people who love him the most, love each other as well.  The big picture…. a real love story.  Because today and always I can’t imagine this without Doug, I can’t imagine this without Henrik, and I know they couldn’t imagine this without me.

He has changed us, he has made us better.  He has taught us so much, about selflessness, love, hope, happiness, the big picture, and the love we have for each other as a family and husband and wife. He is so beautiful, and every day I get to wake up to him.  To see life through his eyes.  He is a part of Doug and I, and I am so blessed to see that grow in him every day. 

July 12  we celebrated the 1 year of life that our son has been with us.  We thank God for every day we get with Henrik, our beautiful blessing, our little miracle.

Henrik you are so fun, silly, amazing, unique, happy, courageous, but timid, loving, easily excited, easy going, handsome, serious with new things,  a quick learner, and so interesting to watch.

Please turn up the volume and watch Henrik's first year of life. Thank you, love always Liz and Doug.


No comments:

Post a Comment