Monday, June 4, 2012

First Farmers Market and Lesson's Learned

Set up for the Oshkosh Farmers Market in my garage the night before with some very special help from  Erin  Schoonover  a great friend who has been an inspiration to me.
This amazing door, my friend Jessy and I found in the trash and I re-purposed it as my new art hanging door.  Thanks to Jessy and all the support I love how this turned out (Erin organized the images for me:).  The door stand was borrowed to me by The Crescent Moon Antiques and Salvage.    This shop is located on downtown Oshkosh and sponsors the farmers market (check it out they have amazing things there).

The start to the farmers market.... the streets buzzing with music and people. 
The beautiful flowers lined up for people to purchase.
This is me!  My booth looked awesome and here are a few images of the little touches that made it so beautiful.
Butterfly Wings :)

I sold postcards of all the different art I have created.  I think sending a postcard to someone is the best way to brighten anyone's day.
This bookshelf looked so cute and had little touches like books and butterfly jewelry boxes to compliment the art.

The tags were made from the vintage images that came with the frames ( the frames I hand pick from different antique stores) so each image has a unique frame to compliment the art.
The door at the start of the day of the market.  I was so excited for  people to experience how beautiful it was.


Darlene and her husband were a craft stand to the left of me.  I am so blessed to have met them.


My sign board.  I had people throughout the day sign on my board.  It was a great  way to interact with everyone.  Below are a few of the people who I met along the way and signed in.
Terry - an veteran who I enjoyed talking with.  I have so much respect for those who have served and continue to.


Dan and Jen  were a great surprise to see and a wonderful support of what I had displayed.
Katie and Lucas came out and visited me.  They bought the image above.  She wrote about it on her amazing blog.  Check it out at Lukeyloo Designs.

Steve and Me ( my husband's friend).....enough said 

Katie, Meadow, and Me 

Marie and the image she purchased.... Thank you so much!  

Heather (she along with her husband taught Doug and I in our Love and Respect class) signing the chalkboard.

Abby  - she is so cute.  She loved all my butterflies and bought one of my postcards.  

Julie and Erin - Team Support

So it all came together.  I had a great feeling..... everything was going so smooth until about 10:00A.M.  The day of my first farmers market was going well, until 20 mph and 30 mph gusts of wind tipped over two of my art pieces  (broke the frame on one piece and cracked the glass on another). Soon after more pieces began to tip and fall.  My emotions got the best of me and I choked up... tears came rolling down my face.  All this hard work and now it is over.  I felt hopeless and upset that people were not able to see the beautiful display that we (my friend Erin and my husband Doug) put together. With some great words of encouragement, I recouped  and laid everything on the floor so that the my booth would continue to be seen.  

A part of me felt that this problem was a sign saying "Stop".  Soon after I collected myself I realized that this wasn't a sign to stop but a challenge to overcome.  I need to be better next time and come prepared.  We face obstacles all the time in our life.  The biggest challenge is to decide if the obstacle is their to change our path or to make us stronger as we continue on the journey.  I feel so alive when I am creating my art.  I love looking out into the world and seeing what will inspire me next.  I feel so at home in this journey that no matter what obstacle comes my way I know now that it will only make me stronger.  I thank everyone who came out and supported me.  If they could read my heart they would know that it was touched and I can not thank them enough for the encouragement, support, and amazing words they offered  me.  (To my friend Erin,  you saved me in so many more ways than I can tell you.) Love Always, Liz Bladorn 

Prayer for Today:  Fill me with your love and truth oh Lord.  Take all my worry.  I give it to you.  Please continue to bless me as you have.  Bless me with so much love and give me the hope and courage to keep going.  Amen



6 comments:

  1. Liz.. This post is so beautiful!! Your hard work and dedication to what you love and believe in has become an inspiration to many people. I for one am in love with your art, your spirit to keep going, and the passion for life you always have. You did it Liz!!! So excited for you and this journey and the experiences you have yet to discover. You are becoming the artist you have always wanted to be and that is so incredible to see. Love you lots Liz. Your friend always Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin for the kind words... so heartfelt:)

      Delete
  2. Your blog posts are so inspiring, Liz. I love the prayers you add. Your artwork is always refreshing and beautiful, and you can tell how much love you put into it. I wish I could've made it to the market, but we were painting our house that weekend! Thanks so much for sharing your journeys with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The comments are so appreciated. THANK YOU! I hope the house is going well. I will be excited to see it! (House warming party!!!)

      Delete