Thursday, July 26, 2012

Because of you

The start of a handmade card book!
  



My grandparents lived right next to the rat river where we would swim, fish, and walk  to all the time.

I dip my cookies in coffee!

I LOVE my grandma's pistachio torte.

For sure!
My grandma's favorite!

I guess in the big picture my grandma had my mom, and my mom had us.  :)

The last page of the hand made book!  I was going to staple it, but the stapler didn't reach.  Better idea.... I hole punched the top and bottom and ran a string through it.  

So I woke up today to a phone call from my mom.  My grandma went in the hospital last night thinking she was having a heart attack.  After our long talk my first thought was this..... A small book... Because of you.... popped in my head and I was off like a lightning bolt.  I put this 8 page book together and wrote a message on the back.  She will get this tomorrow when I see her.

Many moments in our life we may not feel our worth or even why we are here, besides the chance of a heart attack my grandma has been going through a mild depression.  I hope that she (my grandma) knows that she is loved by so many and that she has made an impact on everyone she meets.  I want to share this with you, so that if their is someone in your life that may need a pick me up, whether hand drawn or on a computer this little phrase (Because of you) can make a world of difference.  I love getting an idea to do something and then acting on it. I feel it is truly God's way of whispering in my ear and Him then working through me.  So I just ask that when you hear those whispers ( those ideas of love).  Take a moment and act on them.  It is so powerful to live in the moment.  Thanks for reading, Liz.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful, amazing, the Holy Spirit whispers through you to lift up others

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a great idea. you are so loving and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete