Monday, August 27, 2012

Farmers Market with a Friend

The sign for the day read:  Cards, Postcards, Calendars, Free Advice.  Art for you wall!  It was a  beautiful day.
I had small chalkboard coasters that I used to display prices on some of my items.  Erin was my inspiration this week for becoming more innovative with my displays.
The coaster display came in handy for the items in the suitcase as well.
Erin filled in for the stand next to us , in  10 minutes she made 2 sales.  The lady was so appreciative, she gave  Erin  fresh flowers at the end of the market.

Erin made vintage art that she transferred to 6x6 canvases.

Her vintage inspired 5x5 inch calendars were adorable and displayed so well.
Here are three sides of the calendars for 2013. You can purchase these calendars on her
Etsy shop Hello Wall.
Attached her framed art to a wooden box for dimension.  The images looked stunning in the white frames with white mattes.

Erin had 40 handmade cards available with her work displayed on the front .  They all looked so adorable as they were displayed  in this old dresser drawer. 
Another image of the calendars and a great use for mini clothes pins. 

My birthday is in April and I love how this month turned out :)
Wow, so much fun at the farmers market.  It felt like we had a little shop on the corner for everyone to come into and look at our vintage inspired art.  I love the moments I get to spend with Erin, but this was a moment we had been talking about for years.  For it to finally happen felt so natural.  We had a blast talking with people, giving free advice, and making sales.  The interaction with people is really what has made selling at the farmers market worth it.  Being accompanied by a friend was a blessing.

I feel so blessed to have Erin in my life.   She has an amazing talent to photograph, as well as display things.  Her attention to detail is a gift on its own, and I love the small things I learn from just watching her get ready for something like this.  It never fails to amaze me how she can change the look of something by how it is presented. She adds so much beauty to something that is already beautiful.  I think we are blessed with many amazing talents. When we allow them to work for us, it looks so effortless.  I read a quote recently that I absolutely love... If you know, teach and if you have, give.  So truly amazing to share your talents with others. I feel that by just being around Erin I am filled with her talents.  I see things the way she wants people to see things.  I am joyful and excited for what is to come, but feel blessed and honored for what we were able to share in... a day at the market.

Prayer for today:  Dear Lord, please allow me to be present today with the people in my life.  I praise you for the blessings I have, my family, friends, good health, and my surroundings.  Please Lord watch over my heart and allow me to continue to see the blessings each day.  I thank you dear Lord for all you have given me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment