Friday, October 12, 2012

Art in the Barn - 2012

Art in the Barn.  I was blessed to be located on the second floor.  Heat rises!!!

 The elegant display spoke to people. 
Two ladies discussing a piece of art.  It was so fun to see people looking, picking up pieces and just enjoying themselves.

The big shutters held my 5x7 easel back prints perfectly. 

My beautiful and wonderful sister Jessica.  She came from Iowa to support me. 

So inspired by this mom and son.  Her smile was contagious.

Lee is the head of the Oshkosh Photography Group. He stopped by and said hi both days.  He told  my sister and I we were like, " Angel Tears and Roses."  Such beautiful words. 

Love to talk with other photographers to share great stories and good advice.  Troy is a great photographer and as well the owner of Paper Airplane (web design and photography company)  

Friends came out to support me.  Thank you, it means so much!
 She (Kayla) always leaves the most amazing comments on my blog!  
She as well has a great blog called Hello Squirrel

Other artists offered portrait sketches. 

I sell all my work on postcards.  These inspirational postcards were a hit.  Paula from Pilora's Cafe on Main Street  was my biggest fan.  Thanks Paula for all your support.

A different look at how the shutters were used to hold my 5x7 inch art prints.


These wooden necklaces were made by Steve Miller and his wife.  They were such a delight.  

My art  booth, thanks to the panoramic view of the iPhone,  I was able to capture how beautiful it looked in one image. 

What an amazing weekend to remember. The people we met, the stories that were shared, and the amazing smiles and tears exchanged.

First my sister came and surprised me. I remember taking a shower Friday night before the weekend began and thinking what a blessing I was given this weekend (someone I love to help set up and sit with me). The power of this blessing wasn't really seen till the weekend was complete. My sister's compassion for people, her love for life, and the way we complimented each other was evident this weekend.  People complimented us as individuals, but also as a pair.  The two of us together were touched by so many people and I could truly feel it.

After the weekend I heard from a friend that visited me at the booth.   I wish I had a sister like you have. Such a beautiful compliment and  I am truly thankful for the love we share as sisters.  I feel so blessed to have this relationship.  I thank God for the people in my life and I can only say that the connection I have with my sisters allows me to see the blessings in everything.  So fitting to have one of them at a show where I wanted to give this to people.  Allow them through my art to see the blessing, the love, the beauty in the world.  All we have to do is look out.

This weekend I was reminded of how showing love for life, gives life right back to you.  It is such a moving experience. It truly gives you wings, hope, real - nothings holding us back hope.  As we feel these things in our life, it challenges us to find that feeling again.  It also reminds us that it is within us all, all the time, all we have to do is genuinely let others in, be touched by someone else's story.  Love how someone does something and compliment it. Truly open your heart to the world and you will see the world touch your heart.

I can't say enough about this last weekend.  I think that the true blessing is that as much of a blessing my sister was for me, I was a blessing for her. If I never considered this point, I would never have put her needs first as well.  I think that is what people saw in us that day.  We were blessed because of each other.

I truly feel this weekend was something to be truly thankful for.  One day at a time. One moment at a time.  To live in the present, and await what the day will bring.  I thank everyone who spoke with us, who touched our hearts, and to all those we shared a smile or tears with. It truly means a lot. Love always wins - Liz




5 comments:

  1. Aw, Liz! I was so glad to visit you there. I'm feeling a little shy now with my picture on your blog. ;) You really do find the beauty in everything. I admire you for that; you're so inspirational! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your story of Art in the Barn 2012. I think I bookmarked you because my daughter, just this fall, went to college in Wisconsin and I was curious about Wisconsin Art Fairs. I like your use of shutters! Aloha Raliegh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raliegh hello from Wisconsin. Thank you for commenting. If your ever in town or in Minneapolis and want any good art fairs to go to, I know a bunch. Love always wins, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the invite! It depends if my daughter can stick the cold winter, one never knows though;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the invite, a lot depends if my daughter can stick the cold winter;P

    ReplyDelete