Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Fresh Perspective


Getting ready for the Packer game
Slumber party in the living room

School -  I got them ready for and brought them to

Junk draw diving

Putting make-up on Auntie Lizzy

Lila taking makeup off

Medicine chart I made so the girls would maybe take their 10 days of medicine

Helping Klara with her homework, she is so smart

Surfing on pillow in the living room

I got the biggest kick out of how Lila drew hands and nails, sooo cute

Do you see their little heads watching a movie?  Sisters, so cute

A lot has happened to me in the last few months.  I, not in any specific order, found out I am expecting, graduated college, visited my brother one last time before he left for Afghanistan (for 1 year), photographed my first wedding by myself as a professional photographer (that means getting paid for it), edited the images, sent them to the bride, and lastly babysat for three beautiful girls (my nieces’) for 8 days in Iowa. 

To say the least this was very overwhelming and at some point brought me to stand stills, discomfort, and a blank mind.  I was numb with to-dos and lists of things I forgot to do.  At points I forgot about me, the Liz that likes to blog, take pictures, and live a less exhausted life. 

As these things took place and continued to happen I found myself looking in the mirror at a person unsatisfied and upset with my moods.  Now this could all be the pregnancy, I get it.  But I needed to get out of this rut, this place that I wasn't comfortable in.  The change happened and I owe it all to a fresh perspective and finishing things I started.

The last thing I did was babysit my three nieces who live about three miles from their grandparent’s house.  I was so blessed to have this wonderful woman (Grandma Homolar) around, especially when the oldest girl ended up with the flu. Grandma helped out in so many ways.  The biggest of them all was the fresh perspective.  Grandma Homolar lives for her family.  You can see it in the way she does her everyday tasks.  It was beautiful, weather for her husband, son, grandchildren, and then even me; she made me feel so welcome and deserving.  From lunches, talks, to phone calls, we shared in each other’s lives.  Now the three girls also had a part in this.  The way they just loved to hang out and be silly. I was surrounded by a windstorm of beautiful goodness.

After returning home, I have been able to finish my last project of sending the bride her images, and I started blogging again, this one you are reading right now. :)  I am not sure what relit the spark in my life, but I am pretty certain a fresh perspective and finishing projects that I started did it for me.  

I didn't go on vacation, but I feel refreshed and renewed by being around my niece’s and their grandma.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies is my life. 

Dear Lord:  Thank your for the open mind to love the way someone else does things. I thank you for the fresh perspective you have put in my life and ability to finish project that I start.  Nothing is to hard with you by my side.  I pray that you continue to love me as you always have.  I know that my beautiful story is a blessing you have given to me. Thank you, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment